BEST PRODUCTVITY HABITS



Let's talk about productivity: There are lots of habits out there, that can help you to get more things done in less time. But there are also a lot of habits, that could actually stop you from achieving your goals and doing well. How do you know which habits are good and which ones are bad? Well, first of all, you need to listen to yourself. We are all different so there is no one-fits-all solution here. This is why I'm gonna give you my personal best productivity habits and you should feel free to adapt them to your own needs. Let's get started:

No distractions 
This one might be obvious, but a lot of people are not following this 100%. In order to get the most out of your time, it is crucial that you don't get distracted. This applies to your phone, friends and family, emails or whatever it might be that distracts you from the actual task at hand. Make sure to eliminate all possible distractions before you sit down to work.

Monotasking 
For decades, people have been sure that multitasking is the way to go. Everybody would brag about how many things they could handle at the same time. But this might be a very big mistake since monotasking allows you to fully immerse yourself into one single task and therefore achieve better results. It is likely that you will not just work faster, but also better, when concentrating only on one task at a time.

Get in the zone 
This is another controversial tip: Some people think that taking a lot of breaks during work is good. I couldn't disagree more. For me, it works way better if I really get in the zone and stay there as long as possible. That could mean everything from one hour to three. The longer I am completely immersed in one task, the easier it gets and the more I get done. Taking breaks every 20 minutes would completely disrupt my concentration and slow down my work process.

Plan ahead and set goals 
Everybody knows that planning ahead is crucial for a productive week. But many people sort their to-do list by days, not by tasks. In my opinion, it is best to set the goals and write down the specific tasks you need to do in order to achieve those goals. If I set myself a goal, I will do my best to achieve it as fast as possible. If I don't set a specific goal but rather just write down two hours of research on my to-do list, I am almost certainly going to waste time on that task, simply because I have given myself a 'realistic' timeframe.

Keep a Done-list 
Keeping track of all the things you have achieved already, is a great habit. This way you will constantly be reminded of all the steps you have already taken in order to achieve your goals. I always keep a Done-list and only empty it by the end of the week. It gives me a thrill of satisfaction each time I look at it and when I empty it, I feel like I am ready to take on new battles.

Turn on the light
It is fascinating how much our environment is affecting our productivity. If you work in a darkened room, you'll get tired way faster and your concentration will be not as good as if your work in a brightly lit room. Make sure to always work with a lamp nearby, and never only depend on the light from your computer screen to keep you focused.

Relax 
Everything has to be in balance. This is why after having a super productive day, you also need to allow yourself to cool things down and relax your mind and body. A good way to do that is to do sports, simply because your body will be so tired afterwards, that you will automatically relax. Another great way to relax is to do mindfulness or to meditate. Or maybe your idea of how to relax is just to read a good book or to enjoy a great dinner. Whatever it is: do yourself something good.

I really hope you liked this blog post! If you want to start your own minimalism journey, you can click this link to get the free 30-day minimalism challenge, that will guide you through all the steps you need to take, to live a more minimalistic life. You can also head over to my YouTube channel and watch my videos about Minimalism and how to live your best life.  I also love to read your comments, so don't be shy!





Comments

Popular Posts