DIGITAL MINIMALISM


Not just material things can clutter our homes and lives. Also digital media can create disorganization and stress. Make sure to be thorough when it comes to cleaning up your digital space, since there are almost no limits to storing things digitally and we tend to accumulate a lot.
Here are some tips on how you can declutter your digital life:

Mobile devices 
Old phones that lie around somewhere in a box, cameras that you don't use anymore, batteries that are empty are all typical things that are hiding somewhere in your apartment and that you should get rid of asap.

Pictures
If you're like me, you have a habit of taking pictures wherever you are. This leads to a full hard drive and thousands of albums on your computer. The chances that you'll actually look through all of them ever again, are basically zero. If you don't want to delete them, try to create some kind of system: By year, life phase or place for example. If you have taken those photos with a smartphone, chances are that your computer will be able to do the sorting for you and save you a lot of time.

Files
You might not need a lot of the documents that are stored on your computer. Go through all of them and be ruthless! They're not just cluttering up your hard drive, they also slow down your computer a lot.

Music
Is there actually still a need for downloaded music anymore? Now that we have Spotify and YouTube I don't feel like I actually need to own any albums or songs anymore. Instead, I can simply listen to whatever song I want by just going online.

Apps on your phone
I have a whole video on how I set up my phone to match my minimalistic lifestyle. I also posted a blog about the best minimalist apps, so feel free to check it out here.




I really hope you liked this blogpost! If you want to start your own minimalism journey, you can click this link to get the free 30-day minimalism challenge, that will guide you through all the steps you need to take, to live a more minimalistic life.You can also head over to my YouTube channel and watch my videos about Minimalism and how to live your best life.  I also love to read your comments, so don't be shy!



Comments

Popular Posts