HOW TO CREATE A WEEKLY SELF CARE ROUTINE

Weekly self care routine
Having at least one day per week where I set aside some time to only focus on myself has made a big impact on my life. I feel more calm and happy and handle difficult situations way better now that I really make an effort to take care of myself. For me, self-care is a way of reenergizing and treating my mind as well as my body. It can boost your well being as well as your health, which is why I make it a priority in my weekly routine.
There are different ways how to do do this though. It really depends on your personal preference as well as the amount of time you can set aside. But there is a solution for everyone, so if you also want to create a weekly self-care routine that works with your schedule and your own personal needs, keep reading. Feel free to pin the graphics below for future reference!

Option I

If you are someone who likes routines and needs a lot of repetition to create a habit, then a daily routine might be the right solution for you. I recommend setting a specific time each day. Ideally, you follow your self-care routine in the evening, but not immediately before bedtime. This way your nail-polish has time to dry and your face mask has time to soak in before you lay down to sleep. Before you get started, ask yourself how much time you can spare. Could you take a bath or do you only have time for a quick hand massage? Do you want to do the same activities every day or do you want to alternate? Consider creating a weekly routine that has different self-care activities for every day of the week. I have created one here, but please feel free to adapt it to your own needs!

Daily Self Care Lagom Berlin


Option II

If you are really busy or just can't handle daily habits, then I would recommend that you choose one day per week, where you will take time out of your schedule and really focus on self-care. You should at least invest an hour and make sure that you will not be disturbed during that time. If you have decided on the when and where you need to figure out what you will do. This way you can prepare and get everything you need for your self-care day beforehand. You don't necessarily need to buy anything. I'm a big fan of DIY-ing self-care and I have another blog post with 7 simple self-care activities, that will cost you nothing. Make a list of what you want to do on your self-care day and do some research online. Prepare your family and loved ones that you will take some time just for yourself and ask them to respect that. It's very important that you can have some time just for yourself every week. Here is an example of what a typical self-care day would look like for me:

I really hope you liked this blog post! If you want to start your own minimalism journey, you can click this link to get the free 30-day minimalism challenge pdf, that will guide you through all the steps you need to take, to live a more minimalistic life. You can also head over to my YouTube channel and watch my videos about minimalism and how to live your best life.  I also love to read your comments, so don't be shy!






Comments

Popular Posts