HOW TO FIND YOUR BEST PERSONAL STYLE


What exactly is your best personal style? I have asked myself this questions many times in my life and figured out that your best personal style is defined as follows:

  • It boosts your energy and gives you confidence
  • It flatters your figure and embraces your curves
  • It highlights your uniqueness and shows off your personality

There are lots of advantages that come with knowing exactly what your best personal style is. You will not make bad buys anymore and only purchase, what goes together with your style. You will not have any problems figuring out what to wear because everything in your closet will fit your shape and personality perfectly. You will walk with confidence and have more energy because you will not stress about uncomfortable clothes anymore.

But how can you find out what your best personal style is? It took me a while to figure out exactly what makes a clothing style perfect. I always loved to stand out, to wear bold trends and switch my style every few weeks or even days. What I didn't realize is that there is actually a pattern to my eclectic style choices: I love dressing extravagantly. I love to make a statement with my clothes and be the centre of attention. But many people don't like to be the centre of attention. They don't want peoples heads to turn and they don't want to be judged because they wear something bold. That is perfectly fine! We all have different personalities and therefore different needs when it comes to style.

STEP 1

The best way to find out which clothing style fits you most is to think back and find out at what times you have felt most confident. Maybe you love to dress up for a night out with your girlfriends or you love to wear comfortable sportswear when you hang out in the park? Try to describe what feeling you connect to the clothing that makes you most confident. Is it bold? Luxurious? Modest?

STEP 2

Go into the visual aspect of those clothes: Are they formfitting? Oversized? Colourful? Monochrome? What kinds of fabrics do you prefer? What cut suits you the most?

Now the last step is to think practical: What kinds of outfits do you need in your everyday life? Do you have an office job where you need to be dressed a certain way? Are you a stay-at-home mom or dad? Do you work in a creative environment where everybody dresses super fashionable? Try to combine your results from Step 1 and 2 with the needs of your daily life.

There you go. You have found your very own best personal style.
If you want to hear me talk a bit more on how I sort out the clothes in my wardrobe you can have a look at the video below, where I declutter my closet for autumn/winter.



I really hope you liked this blog post! If you want to start your own minimalism journey, you can click this link to get the free 30-day minimalism challenge pdf, that will guide you through all the steps you need to take, to live a more minimalistic life. You can also head over to my YouTube channel and watch my videos about minimalism and how to live your best life.  I also love to read your comments, so don't be shy!






Comments

Popular Posts