HOW TO STAY PRODUCTIVE WHILE WORKING FROM HOME



As a university student and blogger, I know exactly how difficult it can be to work from home. There are just so many distractions, that seem to wait around every corner. But over the years, I have found some great techniques, that allow me to stay focused and be super productive.

1. It is way more efficient to set goals for yourself instead of times. This way, you will do your best to complete tasks as soon as possible. If you only set yourself a time, on the other hand, you'll end up spending all of that time on your task, although you could've finished it way sooner. Look it up if you like, it's called Parkinsons's Law!

2. Plan your week by tasks, not days. This is a common mistake I see everywhere. People plan their weeks by days, instead of focusing on the tasks ahead. I have a whole blog post and video about how I organize my whole life with only one tool: Trello. If you want to find out more about how I schedule my week you can check it out here.

3. Create a workspace. If you can create a little office for yourself, it can really boost your productivity. But also if you don't have a spare room to turn into an office, you can still create a little mobile workspace that you can set up easily. Just keep all the things you need to work in one space and make it your own. If you like to work in the kitchen (something I like to do because the morning sun comes in very nicely through the window), then just keep all your work essentials somewhere hidden where other people will not spill milk over them. Be loyal to that place. If you find a nice spot for yourself, don't change it all the time. It's great to get used a space and really make it your own. But if you should feel bored, tired or need some new inspiration, then it might be a good idea to switch it up again.

4. Change scenery from time to time. Once or twice per week, I like to go to a nearby café or the library to work from there. This change of scenery just constantly gives me new inspiration and ideas.

5. Set office hours: This one applies to how you handle your work/life balance. It is important to let your family and friends know, that although you work from home, you still have to work. You can't be constantly there for a chat or to take care of the dishes or whatever it might be they need from you. Set your office hours and ask them not to bother you. Make it very clear that you will not accept any disturbances during that time.

I really hope you liked this blog post! If you want to start your own minimalism journey, you can click this link to get the free 30-day minimalism challenge, that will guide you through all the steps you need to take, to live a more minimalistic life. You can also head over to my YouTube channel and watch my videos about Minimalism and how to live your best life.  I also love to read your comments, so don't be shy!

Comments

Popular Posts